August 18, 2014
Here is the conclusion to our three-part blog When You May Have Been Subject to Insurance Bad Faith: 5 Signs.
Another Sign of Insurance Bad Faith to Beware Of
5. When insurance agents excessively draw out their investigations…
This can be an unethical tactic used to put policyholders at a financial disadvantage. The fact is that insurance companies are required to conduct their investigations of claims within a “reasonable” period of time. While some investigations will clearly take longer than others (such as in cases where more complicated accidents may be associated with claims), insurers may actually go out of their ways to try to draw out their investigations in an effort to:
- Intensify a policyholder’s financial stresses
- Get a policyholder who may be in serious need of financial support to agree to accept a settlement offer that is far less than he deserves for his claim.
With this type of bad faith practice, it’s critical that policyholders remember that:
- The more in need of money that they appear to be to insurers, the more likely it will be that insurers will try to devalue their claims and make low-ball settlement offers.
- The first settlement offer is NOT necessarily the last offer for their claim.
- They have the right to deny low-ball settlement offers.
- The Denver insurance dispute lawyers at Cristiano Law can help policyholders stand up to insurers so they are able to obtain the full amount of compensation they deserve.
The Bottom Line: Don’t Trust Your Insurer
The bottom line is that policyholders should always beware of their insurers because these insurance companies:
- Are typically out to maximize their own profits
- May place their own financial interests above the interests of policyholders
- Will NOT go out of their way to explain policyholders’ entitlements or rights when claims are filed
- Cannot be blindly trusted when it comes to paying policyholders the full amount of compensation they may deserve for their valid claims.
Instead, when insurance disputes arise, policyholders should have experienced, trusted advocates on their side to make sure that their interests are protected and that they are able to secure the payouts to which they are entitled. This is when the Denver insurance dispute lawyers at Cristiano Law will come in and be ready to stand up for policyholders.
Denver Insurance Dispute Lawyers at Cristiano Law, LLC
Are you currently fighting with an insurance company over a claim? If so, the Denver insurance dispute attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC are ready to help you stand up to the insurer so you are able to get the payouts you deserve. When you choose the superior legal representation offered by the attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC, you will be able to trust that you will have the best chances of getting both the justice and compensation you deserve.
You Are Invited to an Initial Consult to Learn More…
We welcome people who think they may have a case or who would like to learn more about their rights and options to attend an initial consult with one of our Denver insurance dispute lawyers. To set up a meeting with one of our attorneys, call us at (303) 407-1777 or email us using the form on this page.
Evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience, and our attorneys can commute to your city or town to meet you to ensure that you get the legal help you need wherever you may need it.