May 15, 2014
Concluding Personal Injury Lawsuits and Settlement FAQs, below are some more answers to questions that are commonly asked when injured people are considering filing personal injury lawsuits. Don’t hesitate to contact the Denver personal injury lawyers at Cristiano Law if you are ready to get more definitive answers regarding your rights and case.
When should I meet with a lawyer?
As soon as you can. While you may need to seek emergency medical care and attend to your serious injuries after an accident, meeting with an attorney to discuss your rights and your case as soon as you are mentally/physically able to is a good idea because:
- Your case will generally be stronger if you are able to file it soon after the accident (this is because there will usually be more evidence available soon after the incident while waiting can increase the chances that witnesses become unavailable, evidence gets lost, memories of the event fade, etc.).
- There is a strict time limit for filing these cases.
- The sooner you meet with an attorney and file your claim, the sooner you can get on the path to getting the compensation you need and deserve (and this can ultimately help relieve some of the financial impacts you may be dealing with in the aftermath of a personal injury).
What do I need to bring to my first meeting with an attorney?
While you don’t have to bring anything to your first meeting with a lawyer (i.e., the initial consultation), it can be extremely helpful to bring any and all evidence you may have associated with the accident. Examples of such evidence can include (but is not necessarily limited to):
- Pictures of the damage/injuries caused by the accident
- Documents from insurers
- Emergency room and hospital/doctors’ bills
- Doctors’ reports and diagnostic test results
- Estimates for car repairs (or repairs for other property damage)
- Witnesses’ contact information
- Copies of police reports.
Keep in mind that, if you don’t have any of the above items, a skilled attorney can track this down for you to help build you a strong claim.
How do I get my personal injury lawsuit started?
By meeting with an attorney today. Once you officially initiate a personal injury lawsuit with an experienced personal injury lawyer like those at Cristiano Law, you can rest assured that your rights will be advocated and that you will have a skilled legal professional working diligently to help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
Denver Personal Injury Lawyers at Cristiano Law, LLC
If another’s negligence or recklessness has caused you harm and injury, the Denver personal injury attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC are ready to put their experience and resources to work for you.
For more than 33 years, our dedicated and trusted lawyers have been upholding the belief that the practice of law is a helping profession. As a result, they have been firmly committed to providing people who have been hurt by the careless, indifferent or deceitful actions of others the highest quality of legal services.
When you choose the superior legal representation offered by the attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC, you will be able to trust that your case is being handled with the respect and care it deserves, that it will not be passed off to inexperienced associates and that you will have the best chances of getting both the justice and compensation you deserve.
Contact Us Today
To set up a meeting with one of our attorneys, call us at (303) 407-1777 or email us using the form on this page.
Evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience, and our attorneys can commute to your city or town to meet you to ensure that you get the legal help you need wherever you may need it.