May 12, 2014
As a continuation of Personal Injury Lawsuits and Settlement FAQs (Pt. 1), here is some more info regarding the common issues that people have questions about when they are considering filing a personal injury lawsuit. To get more specific information and professional advice regarding your case, contact the Denver personal injury lawyers at Cristiano Law.
Will my case go to trial?
Maybe but not likely. This may be a frustrating answer, but the facts are that:
- Whether a case goes to trial will depend on the specifics of that case.
- More than 90 percent of personal injury lawsuits are settled before trial.
- You will need to consult with an experienced attorney for more definitive answers regarding whether you should expect to go to trial in order to resolve your case.
How long do personal injury lawsuits take to be resolved?
Again, this will depend on the specific details and circumstances of a case. Some of the factors that may contribute to a case taking longer to resolve may include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Multiple injured people and/or negligent parties associated with the accident or incident.
- Disputes arising between the injured person and the insurance company (which, unfortunately, is not uncommon).
- A case having to go to trial.
Here, again, it’s best to consult with an experienced attorney for more definitive answers regarding what to expect in your case.
How much will my personal injury settlement be?
The value of a personal injury claim will depend on a number of factors, only some of which include:
- The severity of a person’s injuries (with more severe and irreversible injuries being associated with larger awards)
- Whether a person’s injuries will require him to receive ongoing or long-term medical care and/or prevent him from working in the short- or long-term
- Whether any of a person’s property was damaged in the accident or incident
- How severe the injured person’s mental anguish is considered to be.
Stay posted for the conclusion to this blog!
Denver Personal Injury Lawyers at Cristiano Law, LLC
If another’s negligence or recklessness has caused you harm and injury, the Denver personal injury attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC are ready to put their experience and resources to work for you.
When you choose the superior legal representation offered by the attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC, you will be able to trust that your case is being handled with the respect and care it deserves, that it will not be passed off to inexperienced associates and that you will have the best chances of getting both the justice and compensation you deserve.
Let’s Discuss Your Rights and Case – Contact Us Today
We invite people who think they may have a case or who would like to learn more about their rights and options to attend an initial consult with one of our Denver personal injury lawyers. In most cases, these initial consultations are free, and we can get a case started at no cost to our clients. To set up a meeting with one of our attorneys, call us at (303) 407-1777 or email us using the form on this page.
Evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience, and our attorneys can commute to your city or town to meet you to ensure that you get the legal help you need wherever you may need it.