Stockbroker Fraud Attorney in Denver for Broker Misconduct Lawsuits
Stockbrokers hold a position of trust within the financial industry, as these professionals are largely relied upon to provide sound investment advice or even possibly to exert discretionary control over investors’ accounts. Despite these legal and ethical fiduciary responsibilities, however, some stockbrokers may choose to act deceptively and negligently in an effort to boost their own earnings and possibly even to manipulate the market.
One such instance of stockbroker negligence comes in the form of fraud, which can be specifically manifested as:
- Investment fraud, the act of lying to investors about the strength and/or risks of an investment in an effort to get them to buy in to (or sell) specific stocks, bonds or other securities
- Mutual fund fraud, the act of intentionally trying to dodge breakpoints on mutual funds in an effort to collect commissions
- Annuity fraud, the act of misrepresenting or failing to full disclose all of the facts associated with an annuity investment.
There are many more types of stockbroker fraud that can be used to take advantage of investors. What these different types of fraud all have in common is that brokers put their own financial interests above those of their clients, using deceptive and illegal practices to try to manipulate their clients’ financial decisions. If you are suspicious of fraud, contact our stockbroker fraud attorneys in Denver today.
Signs of Stockbroker Fraud
If you notice any of these common warning signs of stockbroker fraud, then it’s time to call the trusted Denver stockbroker malpractice attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC:
- An overall decline in your investments and their returns
- Trades on your account (or withdrawals from your account) that you did not authorize
- “Guarantees” of high returns on an investment
- Nonsensical or a complete lack of explanations regarding investment strategies
- A lack of third-party data or information regarding an investment (or third-party information that is completely contradictory to what your broker has told you)
- Significant losses to your investments when you were told that your investments would be low risk.
The Denver Stockbroker Malpractice Lawyers at Cristiano Law, LLC
If you believe that your broker has committed some type of fraud with your accounts and investments, the Denver stockbroker malpractice attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC are ready to fight for you. Our skilled and dedicated attorneys have more than 33 years of experience advocating the rights of our clients and holding negligent stockbrokers accountable. Let us put our experience and resources to work for you.
When you choose the superior legal representation offered by the attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC, you will be able to trust that your case is being handled with the utmost respect and care, that it will not be passed off to inexperienced associates and that you will have the best chances of getting both the justice and compensation you deserve.
Learn More during an Initial Consult
We encourage people who may have experienced losses due to stockbroker fraud and negligence to meet with one of our Denver stockbroker malpractice lawyers for a professional case evaluation. In most cases, these initial consultations are free, and we can get a case started at no upfront cost to our clients. To set up a meeting with one of our attorneys, call us at (303) 407-1777 or email us using the form on this page.
Evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience, and our attorneys can commute to your city or town to meet you to ensure that you get the legal help you need wherever you may need it.