Lawsuits for Wrongful Death in Nursing Home Facilities
Nursing home residents who are abused or neglected have a 300 percent increased chance of premature death, according to the National Center on Elder Abuse (a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services). While this increased risk of death can be linked to residents losing their will to live after being victimized by nursing home abuse, some researchers have also attributed it to the fact that elderly people tend to have more difficulty recovering from physical trauma (and tend to suffer more serious complications from such trauma).
Regardless of the specific cause of wrongful death in nursing homes, families who lose loved ones due to the negligence of nursing homes staff or possibly even the facility itself:
- Will likely have a wrongful death claim against the negligent party
- Are urged to contact the Denver nursing home abuse attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC.
Our Colorado wrongful death attorneys are dedicated, experienced legal professionals who will work tirelessly to ensure that our clients obtain the justice they need and the compensation they deserve. We have a proven record of success with wrongful death claims related to nursing home abuse and neglect, and we are ready to put our experience and resources to work for you.
Causes of Wrongful Death in Nursing Homes
Some of the specific types of negligence that can contribute to wrongful death in nursing homes include:
- Failure to supervise residents (which can lead to malnutrition, dehydration, assault at the hands of other residents, etc.)
- Failure to administer essential medical care to residents
- Administering the wrong types or amounts of medications to patients
- Failure to seek emergency medical care when residents clearly need it.
The Colorado Wrongful Death and Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers at Cristiano Law, LLC
If you have lost a loved one and believe that nursing home abuse or neglect may have caused the wrongful death, the Colorado nursing home abuse attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC are ready to fight for you.
For more than 33 years, our trusted and skilled lawyers have been dedicated to providing people who have lost their loved ones due to others’ negligence with the highest quality of legal services. While we know that no amount of money will ever compensate families for losing their cherished loved ones, we also know that fighting for their rights and holding the negligent parties responsible can be essential to helping these families:
- Obtain a sense of justice and closure
- Secure the compensation they may need to properly put their loved one to rest.
When you entrust your important legal affairs to the attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC, you can have confidence that:
- Your case is being handled with the respect and care it deserves.
- Your case will not be passed off to inexperienced associates.
- You will have the best chances of resolving your case as favorably and efficiently as possible.
Let’s Talk about Your Rights during an Initial Consult
Our Denver wrongful death attorneys encourage people who may have lost their loved ones to nursing home abuse or neglect to meet with us for an initial consult. In most cases, these initial consultations are free, and we can get a case started at no upfront cost to our clients. To set up a meeting with one of our attorneys, call us at (303) 407-1777 or email us using the form on this page.
Evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience, and our attorneys can commute to your city or town to ensure that you get the legal help you need wherever you may need it.