Denver Nursing Home Attorney
Failure to supervise nursing home residents is one way that nursing home staff can be negligent and, consequently, cause residents to be seriously injured. Specifically, when staff fail to supervise residents, it’s likely that:
- Residents may hurt themselves, particularly if they are living with certain conditions like, for instance, depression or dementia.
- Residents will become malnourished and/or dehydrated because they may forget to eat or drink.
- Residents may wander away from the nursing home facility (a situation that may be referred to as elopement).
- Residents may hurt, assault or abuse each other.
Contributing Factors to Failure to Supervise
Some of the circumstances and specific instances of negligence that can contribute to staff members’ failure to supervise residents include (but are not limited to):
- Insufficient staff at nursing homes
- Staff members not being properly trained on how often to check up on residents
- Nursing homes lacking standards or procedures regarding how frequently residents should be checked and what needs to happen in order to properly supervise residents
- Nursing homes lacking sufficient security measures to ensure that residents are not able to wander away from the facility.
In some cases, the improper use of restraints can be indication that nursing home staff members are not able to properly supervise a facility’s residents.
The Denver Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyers at Cristiano Law, LLC
If your elderly loved one has been injured because nursing home staff members have been negligent in their responsibility of supervising them or other residents, the Denver nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC want to hear from you. For more than three decades, our attorneys have been advocating the rights of injured nursing home residents and providing them with the highest quality of legal services. Let us put our experience and resources to work for you.
Whether inside or outside of the courtroom, our Denver nursing home abuse attorneys will always:
- Stand up for our clients’ rights
- Give them with honest answers about their case
- Work relentlessly to help them secure the best possible outcomes to their important legal matters.
When you choose the superior legal representation offered by the attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC, you can count on us to give your case the respect and care it deserves while doing what it takes to help you obtain the highest possible compensation for your injuries and losses.
Attend an Initial Consult to Learn More about Your Rights
We welcome people whose loved ones may have been injured in nursing homes to attend an initial consult with one of our Denver nursing home abuse lawyers. In most cases, these initial consultations are free, and our clients won’t have to pay any fees in order to get their case started. To set up a meeting with one of our attorneys, call us at (303) 407-1777 or email us using the form on this page.
Evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience, and our attorneys can commute to your city or town to ensure that you get the legal help you need wherever you may need it.