Proper Medical Care Requirements
When we move our elderly loved ones into nursing homes, we expect that the staff at these facilities will be able to properly care for our loved ones and, ideally, improve their quality of life. All too often, however, this expectation goes unfulfilled, as the staff at some nursing homes may abuse or neglect our loved ones. One of the more common instances of nursing home abuse and neglect comes in the form of failing to provide elderly people with the medical care they need.
When such failure to provide medical care occurs at nursing homes:
- Even the most mundane or minor health problems can quickly become serious or possibly even life threatening.
- Injured elderly residents and their families will likely be entitled to compensation for the injuries and losses related to this failure to provide medical care.
- The Denver nursing home abuse attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC will be here to stand up for injured people’s rights and hold negligent staff (and the facilities that enable them) accountable for residents’ injuries.
Examples of Failure to Provide Medical Care
Some specific ways in which the negligence of nursing home staff may contribute to the failure to provide medical care to elderly residents can involve staff:
- Failing to regularly check in on residents
- Failing to notice obvious signs of medical problems and the need for medical care
- Administering the wrong or improper treatments to nursing home residents
- Lacking the proper medical training to be overseeing residents’ needs.
While understaffing issues at nursing homes can increase the risk that residents will be victimized by a lack of access to proper medical care, so too can nursing homes’ failure to screen staff prior to hiring them.
Signs of Failure to Provide Medical Care
Some indications that an elderly loved one may be suffering because nursing home staff have failed to provide him with the proper medical care can include (but are not limited to):
- Rapidly deteriorating health
- Sudden and significant weight loss
- Significant bruising, the development of bed sores or other physical impairments that seem to develop overnight
- Signs of severe dehydration and/or malnutrition.
Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Denver are here to help you!
If you believe that your elderly loved one was injured as a result of not receiving the proper medical care while residing at a nursing home, don’t hesitate to contact the Denver nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC. For more than 33 years, our respected and skilled lawyers have been upholding the belief that the practice of law is a helping profession. As a result, they have been firmly committed to providing people who have been hurt by the careless and indifferent actions of others the highest quality of legal services.
When you choose the superior legal representation offered by the attorneys at Cristiano Law, LLC, you will be able to trust that your case is being handled with the respect and care it deserves, that it will not be passed off to inexperienced associates and that you will have the best chances of getting both the justice and compensation you deserve.
Learn More during a Professional Case Evaluation
We invite people whose loved ones may have been injured in nursing homes to attend an initial consult with one of our Denver nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers. In most cases, these initial consultations are free, and our clients won’t have to pay any fees to get their case started. To set up a meeting with one of our attorneys, call us at (303) 407-1777 or email us using the form on this page.
Evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience, and our attorneys can commute to your city or town to meet you to ensure that you get the legal help you need wherever you may need it.